Saturday, October 08, 2011

Saturday Art Lesson

Around here, school is usually Tuesday through Saturday, since Daddy's day off is Monday. And Saturday is a great chance to give extra time to art and music. Today we learned about the color wheel, all the while enjoying the spectacular autumn weather.

Starting with the primary colors...
IMG_0049

...we worked our way slowly around the circle, mixing, mixing...
IMG_0050

IMG_0051

IMG_0052

"Mommy, look at my red-violet. It looks like the inside of a cherry!"
IMG_0053

Finished!
IMG_0054
(If you want to know why my children have such enormous grins on their faces, it's because they're finding themselves very funny at this moment. Whenever I ask them to smile for a picture, they immediately give me this monotone "Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese," and a glassy-eyed, not-happy-looking, robotic stare. So then I ask them to choose something else to say. Usually, like today, they come out with "trashcan," which I think is their idea of an almost-bad word and therefore obviously hilarious. At least it gets me genuine smiles.)

No comments: