Saturday, October 25, 2008

Word Picture: October 25th

All that I really remember is the tears
I guess no one who knew me was surprised to see them
Streaming down my cheeks.
Between the tears and the veil I didn't see much
Except for the tall, slender young man at the end of the aisle
He looked so happy.
So happy.
I've never seen him wear a bigger smile, before or since.
He tried to stand still but
His hands kept wiggling
As if the excess joy was flowing down his arms and
Escaping there.

And so we met,
There at the end of the aisle
His smile and my tears
And joined our lives as one
Five years ago.
Five precious, happy years ago today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I have loved watching the love grow between both of you...the smiles on your faces....the words that Cara shares in the blog...Dave's happy voice...the babies smiles and antics.....THANKS that I have had the priveledge of sharing....God Blesses you both!on your journey....Jan W

Jerusha said...

I remember that day well. What a beautiful humble couple honoring their awesome God!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! May you continue to have many more years of wedded bliss.