Wednesday, October 15, 2008

In His Own Little Corner

[OK, folks, name the musical theater allusion in that title line. No, you can't Google it. Come on... what show is that song from? Can you hum the melody? Anybody? (Mom, Lena and Jacque, sorry, but you're exempt from my little guessing game.)]

Getting on with the point of this post, here's one of Matthew's favorite hangouts lately:
Drawer 1

I don't know who told him that a kitchen drawer would be a good place to sit. One day I turned around and he was just... there. Looking adorable, as usual. "Hey, Buggy, what are you doing in there?!" Oh, nothing, Mamma. I'm just sitting.
Drawer 2

I'm amazed that the thing supports his weight. Our kitchen cabinetry was third-rate to begin with, and 30 or so years of daily use hasn't improved it much. But the drawer holds steady, and it's certainly just the right width for a one-year old boy.
Drawer 3

Someday I suppose that he'll want a tree house or some other secret hideaway where no girls are allowed. But for now, his special place is the kitchen drawer--right next to Mommy's post at the sink. And a Mommy is a handy thing to have around when when you get stuck in your drawer and need a little help getting out.

4 comments:

Will and Sena said...

Um, hello?? Cinderella of course!!! Only one of my favorite songs of all musical theater history!!

Debbie said...

R&H Cinderella, of course! :o)

C. said...

Now that song is in my head... "in my own little chair..." thanks! your little guy is so cute in his sporty hoddie!

Cara said...

Phew, girls! You have restored my faith in our generation's knowledge of the cannon of American musical theater. Thanks a bunch!

;)