Friday, October 10, 2008

An Apple Pickin' Family Day

Would you believe that this Monday was the very first time that I have ever been apple picking? But you know what? I'm sort of glad that I got to experience the first of these special outings with my own little family.

Apples08 1

Apples08 2

Apples08 3

Apples08 4

Apples08 5

Apples08 6

Apples08 7

We came home with 23 pounds--mostly Jonagolds, plus a few Golden Delicious (Golden Deliciouses?). They've been scrumptious, and it's awfully nice to know that we're not ingesting all that wax with our fruit.

Now that we've conquered one first--the picking--I have another ahead of me: homemade pies and homemade applesauce! The domestic adventures never cease...

1 comment:

Kelly C said...

wow, cara, meg looks like such a big girl! what a beautiful family God has blessed you with. : )