Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Matthew's First Haircut

A few weeks ago, we went to get Meg's hair cut for the first time. This week, we were back for Matthew's chance in the chair. We deliberated about his 'do for a couple of months: to cut, or not to cut? Some days, his hair was curly enough to give us hope that he could pull off the baby-surfer look, but many days... well, many days, it just looked like this:
MIW Haircut 5

So here we are, back at Cartoon Cuts. Before shot from the back...
MIW Haircut 1

...and head on.
MIW Haircut 2

In process...
MIW Haircut 3
It was sort of funny; we had stopped at Dairy Queen to buy a cup of ice cream, because we thought Matthew would be so wiggly. (TV usually does not pacify him much, which is fine with us.) But as it turned out, he refused to nap that afternoon and was completely wiped out by the time we reached the hair place in the early evening. Dave described his zombie-like self as "stoned", and that was really pretty accurate. He couldn't have been more docile if we'd given him a tranquilizer.

Voila! Our new little man, looking eerily like pictures of my dad and Uncle Ed circa 1960. Pretty cute, huh?
MIW Haircut 4

I don't know that we'll be able to keep up the whole Cartoon Cuts thing for long. It's only $15, but that will add up fast, especially with a boy. I'm trying to persuade Dave to let me learn to do the kids' trims at home... we'll certainly keep you posted on any future attempts in that direction!

3 comments:

Lena said...

aw matthew! so handsome!
lena

eva said...

So cute! We are still debating on cutting Eden's rat tail! And you can def. learn to do cut it at home. I've been cutting Evan's since he was little, but it sure is hard when they're wiggly. We used to do it during bath time while he was occupied, then when he could watch movies that worked too, now we sometimes to Adventures in Odyssey tapes or just talk. I look forward to continuing to have special time with him in this way as he gets older. Otherwise, I'm not sure he'd be sitting still that long for chatting with mom:)

Debbie said...

Precious!

My mom graciously cuts James' hair. If you haven't found someone else to show you the way, I imagine she'd be happy to demonstrate what she does.

I'm so grateful to keep up with you through your blog, my friend. I feel connected despite our infrequent personal contact. I miss you very much!