Thursday, July 31, 2008

This Kid Means Business

Matthew took his first step today. I looked up, and he had his back to me, and he was just... standing there, all by himself, like a normal human being. For quite a few seconds. And I could tell, even from looking at his back, that something was about to happen. And then he took a step.

And then he toppled straight forward, caught himself with his hands as he hit the window sill, bonked his head on the glass pane, and tumbled onto the floor. Unhurt. He's a tough guy. And it's a good thing too, because when you're trying to bust through the major milestones at this pace, you're bound to encounter some setbacks!

We sure missed you again today, my David! I know it's not that big a deal, but I do wish you could have seen Matthew make that first attempt at walking... he is really putting the pieces together in his mind.

I (tried but) didn't get any good pictures of our sweeties today, but here's one from last week or so just to remind you what they look like. :)
Cups 1
Aren't they the cutest ever?

No comments: