Saturday, July 26, 2008

Meg's Latest Masterpiece

Make that misadventure.
Couch 1

This would be our couch. And those pink marks? Those would be chalk scribbles.

Now usually, we like to use chalk on normal, sort of boring places. Our chalkboard, for instance. Or the sidewalk, if we feel particularly creative. But on this particular morning, that just wasn't exciting enough for Meg. She thought, apparently, that our whole living room needed a makeover. So she did this.
Couch 2

The unusual (and audacious) thing about this little feat is that I was actually in the room when she did it. I just had my back turned. I was vacuuming, actually--vacuuming pink chalk dust off of the chalkboard tray. How's that for irony?
Couch 3

Fortunately, as you can probably tell, the couch is slipcovered. I was rather upset with our daughter for redecorating our home without my permission but, hey, it was an easy fix, right? Just strip off the cover and throw it in the washing machine.

Well, then there were the arms of our wooden church pew, also covered in pink... but that washed off easily.

Oh, and then there was also my beloved off-white upholstered chair from my Margie and Cubby's house. And the other off-white chair too, the lazy-boy wannabe that Dave is so fond of? Those, I'm afraid, are not going to escape their pink stripes quite so easily. I never would have guessed chalk would be so tricky to get out of fabric.

And the most amazing thing is that, sometimes, kids don't even know when they've been naughty.

No comments: