Monday, July 14, 2008

Report from the Front: 3:00 A.M.

Matthew seems to be having trouble with teeth tonight. His four upper middle teeth are coming in all at once--I know that much--and he was an awful grump yesterday afternoon. So based on the fact that he's sleeping very badly tonight (a first for him?), I'm gonna say that those four little buggers are causing him some discomfort.

At 10:30 p.m., when I went to check on him, he stirred immediately (very rare), and when I checked one more time before getting in bed, he was still awake. At that point I decided to give him some Tylenol since, for him, no sleep means something's wrong. He took the medicine, cried desperately when I left his room, and took 30 minutes or so to calm down and go back to sleep.

At 1:30 a.m., I woke up hearing... no... it can't be... he just got back to sleep two hours ago... but he's moaning... and it is... Matthew in the monitor. Unsure of what I could do for him at that point, I prayed that he would go back to sleep and set my alarm for 2:30.

One hour of poor sleep later... I turned the monitor back up and found that my son was screaming. Oh no. I went in, nursed him (hope I don't regret that on subsequent nights) and brought him downstairs, where, naturally...

he promptly turned in to Little Mister Happy Baby!
Matthew Teething

And, as of yet, he's shown no signs of noticing that it's not 3:00 in the afternoon instead of in the morning!

No comments: