Saturday, May 19, 2007

Play Date (by Meg)

Hi, everybody. Ever since my new friend Baby Jack was born last month, Mommy and Aunt Jess have been wanting to hang out all the time! I don't really mind of course, but they keep referring to these little get-togethers as "play dates". This really isn't an accurate description, since Jack almost always sleeps the whole time, while I play by myself! What kind of a date is that?

Finally, yesterday we had a breakthrough. Jack was still asleep when I woke up from my nap, but after a little longer, he woke up and we played! Well, we played as much as a one-month old and a year-and-a-half old can play together! Mommy and Aunt Jess had to keep a pretty close eye on me to make sure I didn't press on Jack's belly too hard or stick my finger in his eye. (Sometimes, even when I'm trying to be gentle, I just don't know my own strength!) But other than that, we had a great time together! Especially Mommy and Aunt Jess. You know, sometimes I think that these play dates aren't really about us kids at all...

Here's a picture of Jack and me hanging out:
Playdate 2

Mom and Aunt Jessie conspired to get some pictures of Jack smiling--the first in existence! As you can see, they did have some success:
Playdate 3

Playdate 4

Here we are together before Aunt Jess and Jack had to go home. We sure do enjoy being with each other!
Playdate 1

No comments: