Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Ari James Spruill

Announcing the birth of little Mr. Ari James Spruill! Ari (it rhymes with "sari") entered the world at about 6:10 this morning, weighing 7 lbs, 8 oz. and measuring 21" long. For anyone who's curious (as I was), Ari means "lion" in Hebrew.

Apparently Jacque had a good labor and delivery experience, and she and Asher both sound well and happy and grateful for their boy. At the time I called Asher's cell phone, Jacque was, according to her husband, "stuffing her face," so that's a good sign for a healthy new momma. (When I asked Jacque what she was eating, she chuckled and said, "Mmmm... unidentified substance." Gotta love hospital food.)

Dave and Meg and I will probably be heading down to Norfolk to take a peek at my new nephew after church this Sunday. (Yea, I am finally an aunt!) When we return--pictures!!

No comments: