Thursday, February 08, 2007

Kisses and High Fives

Unfortunately, I have no recent pictures to share. But I did dredge up this shot from just over one year ago; it's one of my favorites of all time. Look how cute!
Teeny Baby Smile

It's amazing how much changes in a year--and yet, she's definitely the same little cutie!

We do have a video which I hope to upload soon--it showcases two of Meg's latest tricks. Daddy recently taught her to give him a high-five when she does something well, like rolling a ball to him. It's so funny! She gets so excited and claps her little hands together, and then Dave says, "Give me a high five!" and she sticks her hand up in the air and lets Dave tap it with his.

Her other big skill is offering "kisses". (Open-mouthed, slobber deliveries is really a more apt description, but we love them anyway.) She's actually been kissing us for a long time at our request--of course, being the mushy, affectionate type that I am, I had to teach my baby to give kisses at a young age! But now she often does it without us asking. You might just pick her up to take her for a diaper change, and all of the sudden she's stretching her head toward you with her little open mouth and the "Kiss me, please" look in her eyes. Talk about a heart-melter! Of course, we have no idea if this is stemming from genuine affection for her parents or some sense that it's just what's expected of her. But either one is okay with us--we'll take all the baby kisses we can get!

The kiss Meg gives me in the video is not a voluntary one, actually--and it is extremely slobbery! But it will still give you an idea of how much fun we have with our sweet 14-month old! Check back soon to see her in action...

No comments: