Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Nicknames (by Meg)

Hi, everybody. Meg here.
Faces 1
Today I want to tell you something about my family. God has blessed us so much and made us so happy together. Sometimes it almost seems like we have extra love floating around the house! That means that we can use lots of different ways to show our affection for each other--giving hugs and kisses and playing and laughing and dancing together and lots of other fun things.
Faces 6
One of the ways that my Daddy and Mama show me their love me is by giving me nicknames. You might think that one nickname, "Meg," would be enough, but my parents call me by a whole bunch of other names too. Some of them make sense, and lots of them are silly. But all of them are because they love me.
Faces 3
Here are some samples. You'll see that many of them are variations on a theme.

Meg
Meggers
Meggie
Mega
Mega-boo
Boo-boo
Punkin (as in, pumpkin)
Punkin-Spunkin
Punkin-Muffin
Muffin
Sweet Muffin
Girlie
Big Girl
Little Girl
Little One
Little Love
Faces 8
Some of the best and most creative names I have are not from my parents at all. My Aunt Dacia calls me "Magpie," which is very cute, and to Mommy's friend Aunt Elsbeth I am "Nutmeg."
Faces 2
My only question is: with all of these names, do you think I will ever know who I am supposed to be?
Faces 4

No comments: