Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Wintry Weather

Today we are enjoying our third or fourth snow of the season and what I hope may turn out to be the first "real snow" all year. (By that I mean snow that's deep enough to play in and that doesn't melt away in 24 hours.) This morning it looked promising enough that I decided to take Meg out for her first snow adventure!

Here she is, getting ready to head out. (Those hand-me-down snow pants that someone gave us finally come in handy! Yea!)
Getting Ready

I spent a few minutes holding her, letting her take a look around. "What's all this white stuff, Mama?"
What's This White Stuff, Mama?

Then she got down. It took her about 4 seconds to trip and get a closer acquaintance with the snow. Here she is, freshly baptized in it.
After the First Fall

"I'm not sure what's going on here, but I think it's sort of fun!"
This Is Kind of Fun!

Digging a little hole...
Digging a Little Hole

Taking a little walk... (Love the clump of snow attached to her bottom.)
Taking a Walk

After another tumble or two and the loss of a mitten, Meg made a startling discovery. "Wait, this stuff is cold!"
Wait, This Stuff Is Really Cold!

Starting to lose it...
Starting to Lose It

Leaning on the front steps. "Mom, I think I'm ready to go in now."
Mom, Can We Go Inside Now?

Our little sweet-faced girl.
Little Sweet Face

No comments: