Monday, January 29, 2007

This and That

Just wanted to share a few recent pictures. Here's one of Meg in her cute winter hat from Aunt Lena. You should see her all bundled up with her puffy, green coat and her fuzzy, pink hat! She looks like a miniature ski bunny!

Hat

I was just reading a book (can't remember what) wherein someone makes the statement, "Destructiveness is one of the first traits of childhood." Soooooo true. Meg just loves to rip, tear and shred. She's not allowed to engage in this kind of fun very often, but the other day I let her sit down with a magazine that was bound for the recycling bin and, well... here is the result.

Magazine

A fine piece of work, no?

My final picture is not quite as recent; it's from this past Thanksgiving. We left our camera in the car that day and so never had any pictures of our own to post. But our dear friends the Allens, who joined the Nalle clan for the festivities this year, just emailed me a few shots that they took with their fancy-schmancy camera. Here is the entire group on Thanksgiving Day, 2006:

Big Family

We were missing a few notable Nalles that day--Jacque and Asher, my Uncle Rob and his family--but I think this is a great picture anyway. I especially love the stoic faces of Grandpop and Uncle Don (back row, second from right and far left). Their expressions perfectly capture the rural-Virginia man's man approach to having your picture taken. I also enjoy looking at the front row, which features, from left to right, Daniel, Mason, John, Caleb, Matthew and Spencer. (Mason and Spencer are my blood-cousins, the rest are my Allen-cousins-by-friendship). All of these young men I knew and babysat when they were as teeny as Meg (or smaller, in some cases!). And now, they're... teenagers! Unbelievable!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cara,
What fun!! One of best Thanksgivings, thanks for including us. You were THE BEST (along with Jacque & Lena) as far as babysitters go. I remember when you were 16 and we left the 3 older boys with you on our first ever overnight away. You took great care of them and even got everyone up, fed and ready for church the next morning!! We love you and your precious family.
Genoa & Mark and BOYZ