Monday, January 26, 2015

Today at Our House

Monday is Dave's day off and our "Saturday," so Dave and I slept in, along with Graham, who contentedly snoozes on and off until we come to wake him. I know--most amazing three-year old ever.

Dave made our traditional Monday breakfast of scrambled eggs (known here as "Daddy's Eggs Fabuloso") and toast. Of course, it's not quite that simple. We always have two kinds of toast, whole wheat for Dave, Matthew and Esme, and gluten free for Meg, our celiac girl. Graham, who can't have eggs at all, had instant oatmeal. I, who eat mostly grain-free, had peanut butter on a banana with my eggs.

Now Dave is in the shower and the kids are sliding down the stairs in their sleeping bags, screeching at the top of their lungs.

Our entire living room floor is covered with toys, despite the fact that the kids cleaned it up beautifully just last night. I guess that's one consequence of sleeping in.

We have no plans until late this afternoon.

It's snowing very lightly outside.

Ahh, sweet Mondays.

(Whoops, no irony or meanness intended there... I promise we're working hard on the weekends, when most people have their down time!)

No comments: