Thursday, October 25, 2012

Nine Years of Happy

Happy is the man who finds a true friend, and far happier is he who finds that true friend in his wife.

-Franz Schubert

I don't know whether or not Herr Schubert was speaking from personal experience. I hope he was. Either way, I wholeheartedly agree with his assessment. Or, that is, I agree with its... converse. (I had to look up "inverse" and "converse" to try and figure out which was the right word here.) Happy is the woman who finds a true friend, and far happier is she who finds that true friend in her husband.

Nine years ago today, I gave my hand, my heart, and my life to my truest friend on earth. Oh, my good Father, how I thank You for this man! Thank You for all of the events that brought us together and all of the grace that holds us together, today and every day, till death parts us.

David, you are the very best companion, lover, partner, and leader for whom I could ever ask. There is no one on earth with whom I would rather live, laugh, talk, grow, think, muddle, work, learn... and snuggle. It truly has been a happy nine years, my Love.

No comments: