Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Dailies, #1

David's in Louisville now, so I'm posting a "dailies" series to keep him current with family life... as hum-drum as it sometimes is! Don't know that these posts will be of much interest to anyone but a loving husband and daddy, but...

Here's what happened today:
-Meg ate an entire half of a PB&J for lunch--bread included! (In the past, most attempts to give her bread resulted in her licking off the butter/honey/peanut butter/jam and discarding the bread.)
-Matthew ate small pieces of avocado for lunch (unmashed) for the first time. I think he sort of like this "chewing" (gumming, more accurately) thing.
-Poor Megger has a yucky diaper rash again--I think it's the cantaloupe this time. Poor muffin loves her summer fruit, but her body doesn't love her for it.
-No late afternoon nap for Matthew today. He positively screamed for the whole half-an-hour when I tried putting him down, despite his eye-rubbing beforehand. Other than that though, he was such a cutie today. He followed me around the first floor while I was dusting and tried to climb on me, "talking" loudly the whole time.
-I learned that Les Mis is coming to Wolf Trap at the end of the summer! I'd love to see that again some day... it's been since tenth grade. It might be the week of Ronae's wedding that it's playing though... probably a little pricey too. (Hey, maybe Latricia could get us discount tickets for that too! [Yeah, right. I wish.])
-I talked with Cub this afternoon. He came home a day early to get back on his oxygen machine at night. We're still planning to head over there tomorrow evening. Cub's proposed Wendy's salads for dinner. :)
-Meg seemed to grasp the notion that you were on an airplane today. She mentioned it several times around the dinner hour...

Here are the daily shots of your cute babies. It only took me five minutes to get Meg to stand still enough for this:
forDave 1

Look, you can see his little teeth-stubs! See 'em?
forDave 2

No comments: