Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Esme (and Co.) at Playgrounds

Here's a little sequence of Esme shots taken at Black Hills Park on a recent family day...

IMG_0971

IMG_0972

IMG_0973

IMG_0974

IMG_0975

IMG_0976

IMG_0978

IMG_0979

Another Esme playground memory (that Dave tweeted last week with much more brevity than my version):

So David takes the kids to our neighborhood playground after he gets home from work. He and Esme are swinging, side by side, when she pipes up.
Esme: You gackie. I peeyo.
Dave: (incredulous) I'm the blanket, you're the pillow?
Esme: Yesh.
Oooooookay! Obviously, we can't know exactly what was going on in her mind when she made this profound utterance, but if I had to translate, this would be my guess.

Daddy, in this moment, I feel utterly content and at peace. You and I go together so well; your very presence is inexplicably comforting to me. Metaphorically speaking, Daddy, you are the peanut butter to my jelly, the whipped cream to my hot chocolate, the cheese to my macaroni. Forgive my pedestrian imagery, Honored Father, but words are inadequate to capture my deep affection. All I can say is that I love you more than my very life, and I beg you to remain with me always.

Or, in the immortal words of my least favorite musical theater characters of all time:

"We go together like
Ramma lamma lamma ka dinga da dinga dong,
Remembered forever as
Shoo-bop sha whadda whadda yippidy boom da boom.
Chang chang changity chang shoo bop.
That's the way it should be!
Waooooooh - Yeah!"

A little girl and her daddy. That's the way it should be.

No comments: