Monday, August 04, 2008

The Rest of the Summer

Phew! David made it through the worship conference and is now entering recovery. No, seriously, I think he really enjoyed it and has much to chew on as a result of being there. But he's also happy to be finished, to be seeing his kids again and to catch up on sleep! And we're delighted to have him at home a little more.

It's hard to believe that August is upon us. How this summer is flying! And the remaining warm-weather days will be full for us. Here are the big things we're looking forward to later this month and next:

1. Outer Banks vacation with the Nalle Family. Last year's trip was absolutely wonderful, and we're really looking forward to the sequel. I hope Meg enjoys the beach as much as she did last year--and that Matthew likes it too.

2. Acts. This is an original musical based on the Bible's account of the early church. It was written by members of our church a few years ago for the high school kids to perform, and now our singles' ministry is doing a new and improved version. Technical direction will be provided by... guess who? (This means another very busy week for him coming up.) And my sister Lena is in the cast! I'm looking forward to seeing it.

3. My 10-year high school reunion. Yep, it's been a whole decade since I walked across the Loudoun County High School veranda to claim my diploma. Now I'm going back to Leesburg to see what's become of my classmates. I have mixed feelings about this event. Very mixed feelings. Especially since my husband will be working (on Acts) that night and won't be accompanying me. But we'll see how it goes.

4. The week after Acts and the reunion, we're off to Chicago for a wedding. (Yep, another long road trip with the babies! Are we brave, or just crazy?) Dave's cousin Ronae is getting married to another David, and we are so excited to be there! Ronae is one of my Dave's favorite cousins (his mom is one of seven kids, so there are lots of cousins to choose from), and he has been wishing a godly husband her way for a very long time. Thank you, Lord!

And I think that's about it.

No comments: