Friday, March 09, 2007

15-Months Check-Up (by Meg)

Yesterday Mommy and I paid a visit to my pediatrician, Dr. Wells-Green. When you're my age, you learn a lot about yourself every time you visit the doctor, like how much you've grown and how you measure up with other kids who are as old as you. So I thought you might like to know what we found out.

I now weigh 23 lbs and 4 oz, which puts me squarely in the 50th percentile, at long last. (Phew! We thought I would never make it to "normal!" Must be all the whole milk and cheese and yogurt that I'm getting these days.) I am 31 inches tall, or somewhere near the 80th percentile for height. That means I have gained 3 lbs., 5 oz. and grown 2 inches in the past three months! Not bad, hm?

Smiley Girl 1
The doctor looked in my mouth and my eyes and my ears, and he said they looked great. He pressed on my belly and said it felt great. While Mommy was asking him some questions, I walked around the examining room (in just my diaper), and he said my mobility was great. I yelled, "Ba ba ba ba, BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BOB!" for a while, and Mommy told him about the other sounds I make, and he said that, for my age, I sound great. So there you have it. I guess I'm doing, well... pretty great all 'round.

Smiley Girl 2
Oh, and get this: I got two shots, and I didn't cry at all! I made one little whimper when the first needle went in, and I flinched and squirmed a bit both times, but I never wailed or shed one single tear. Jamie, the nurse, said I have always been a good shot-getter, and Mommy said she was so proud of me. It sure feels nice to be good at something!

We are thankful to God that I am such a healthy girl. In 15 whole months, I have scarcely ever been to the doctor for anything but a check-up! May God continue to bless our family with wonderful health!

No comments: