Saturday, December 30, 2006

Christmas Part 2 (by Meg)

Our second Christmas celebration was just lovely. The day after Christmas, we all spent the night at Grandpop and Nana's house. It was packed! Daddy and Mommy and me were in the master bedroom, Margie and Cubby in the guest bedroom, Uncle Asher and Aunt Jacqua in Aunt Lena's room, and Aunt Lena, Nana and Grandpop downstairs in the den! Thank you, family, for all squeezing in so we could have special time together!

The next morning, we ate a beautiful breakfast that Nana made. Then we gathered around the Christmas tree for more reading and presents.
IMG_1046
(I was asleep for part of this, so I'll just tell you what Mommy says happened and you'll have to take her word for it.) Grandpop read us the story of the wise men who came to lay gifts before the baby Jesus. Then we went around the room and took turns opening our gifts. Here's Grandpop with a really big one!
IMG_1049
Margie and Cubby loved their soft new blanket.
IMG_1052
Grandpop with a gift from my family, a book that Mommy really loves:
IMG_1053
Hm, what might be in this one?
IMG_1069
Uncle Asher and Aunt Jacqua gave me a great gift: handmade wooden maracas painted like lady bugs! I loved shaking them and trying (of course) to fit them in my mouth!
IMG_1057
Grandpop, Uncle Asher and Aunt Jacqua watching me open stuff. (My new cousin Baby Spruilly is in the picture too, only you can't really see him because he's inside Aunt Jacqua still.)
IMG_1072
Cubby, Margie and Aunt Lena, each enjoying our time together:
IMG_1075
And me and my daddy, so grateful and happy that we get to celebrate Jesus' birthday with our loving family around us:
IMG_1065

No comments: