Friday, December 05, 2014

"Only... You Don't Look Like a Louis!"

If you enjoy animated films and haven't seen "Meet the Robinsons", the 2007 Disney flick from which my title quote comes... just do it. We love that movie.

But like the Robinsons, the Wilcoxes have a name problem. The other day, Dave tweeted that our Christmas tree for this year is named Chester Arthur. This was primarily my decision, and it's in keeping with our tradition of naming all our Christmas trees after dead American presidents.

Ummm... only then today I went back to 2012 (which was the last time I did a Christmas tree post) and found that we already had a Chester Arthur.

Duh-duh-duuuuuuuuuh!

Oh. No. This cannot be. We don't do repeats! At least, not until we've run out of names, which shouldn't be for another 30 years or so. I guess Chester Arthur just speaks to me as a Christmas tree name, but... no repeats is no repeats. So, like Bud Robinson, I'm taking a close look at my new
son Christmas tree and saying, "Wait a second... you're not so much a Chester as... a Rutherford! Yes! Why didn't I see it before?!"

So, world, I now present to you (using the same picture my husband used to present The Tree Formerly Known As Chester)...

Rutherford B. Hayes.
IMG_0231

Ahhh, yes. That's it. That's better. I knew all along that something was a little off. Yes.

Suuuure I did.

Or maybe I'm getting old.

Or maybe that's just what comes of naming things that are ultimately going to end up on the curb, waiting for the greencycle truck.

No comments: