Thursday, May 10, 2012

Praying for Papa Don

My husband's dad, Papa Don to our kids, is in a Louisville hospital tonight, trying to adjust to a significantly reduced round of meds. At the beginning of April, Dad had surgery to remove part of his esophagus, which had cancerous cells in it. His recovery seemed to go well for about the first week, but it's taken many turns since then. Today's change in the meds is in response to the latest twist. At this point, no one knows what's going to happen... no one except the Lord.

The kids and I are here at home, holding the fort and praying. Dave is in Kentucky, spending much of each day at the hospital and praying. I know that some of you who read this blog are already praying as well. If you're not, would you please join us? Tonight I am asking God for a full recovery, a peaceful night's sleep, wisdom for the doctors, strength and peace for Dad's sweet wife, Jan.

Thank you so much for your love and support.

4 comments:

Sandi said...

Praying here my friend.

Julia said...

PRAYING... THANKS FOR SHARING! GIVE DAVE OUR LOVE!

Shannon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trinity and the brood said...

Praying my friend. Praying. and also, I am praying.