Saturday, August 13, 2011

First Face Paint

My husband has been working some cuh-razy hours since we got home from vacation. Worship God, the bienniel Sovereign Grace Ministries conference for musicians and worship leaders, wraps up today. I pray that my David is still standing when the dust settles. I think he's going to need to sleep for two days straight to even begin his recovery process.

Anyway, since we haven't really seen Daddy at home much, on Thursday we went to see Daddy at church. (Funny: we arrive in the church lobby, and I'm charging through there, so excited for the kids to see Dave. We get to the auditorium door, and there he is--just a few yards away--and I'm waiting for the kids to take off running toward him. Esme does, but the other two are frozen at my sides. I look down, and they are both bawling, screaming, "The music is too loud!" The band that was leading worship that night was rehearsing, and... well, it was on the loud side. Remind me not to take these kids to a rock concert any time soon.)

But this was supposed to be a short post.

After our visit to Dave I took the kids to Chick Fil A for dinner. Unbeknownst to us, our local franchise was celebrating its 10th anniversary this week, and they had hired a face painter to be there for the whole evening. So guess what we looked like when we left?

A princess...

A spider...

And a cute baby.
(Esme very much wanted to sit in the decorated director's chair that the face painter had for all the kids but, once there, she declined to be painted.)

And the restaurant manager came out just before we left and handed out "mini moos" (little stuffed cows clad in fire-fighting gear) to all the kids. Suffice it to say that the kids thought it was a great night!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Meg is simply beautiful!
(And I love how the artist matched her paint to Meg's top - impressive.)
Thanks for your sacrifice of your husband/daddy for the benefit of so many across our country (and abroad, too!).
Love you.