Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Dad and Mom: 30 Years

Mom and Dad
Today my parents celebrate their 30th wedding anniversary. As I consider their years together, I am aware of one thing above all others: a faithful God has carried them on wings of grace every step of the way. May He be magnified for His mercy today!

Daddy and Momma, I am so thankful to our good God for strengthening you to keep your promise to one another all these years. I am so thankful for the hard work and the heart work you have invested in order to love one another faithfully. I am so thankful for the friendship that you share, for the help and support you provide to one another through life's ever-changing seasons. I am so thankful that you continue to love each other tenderly. I know that you are both aware of many areas where you still want to grow, but your marriage is a picture of Christ and his church, just as God's Word says it should be.

Here's my dad's statement to the twitterverse today:

"Today my bride of 30 years and I celebrate our anniversary. God has made a loud statement of his love by joining me to this lovely lady."

And my husband's reply:

"Congratulations! You are a lucky man, and we are a lucky family to have your example of God-honoring marriage."

Amen and amen. Daddy and Momma, I love you both so much.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww! You ARE a nice. Grateful for the wonderful Wilcox clan!

Sandi said...

Wow....thirty years! I was 9 when they got married then meet them 9 years later.
Such fond memories of all these years with the ups and the downs.

What a heritage for you and your littles, Cara. They are pretty amazing people and not bad lookin either :o)

Happy Anniversary Don & Nan!

Trinity and the brood said...

Your parents are beautiful people. What a legacy they pass on to their 3 beautiful daughters. You have a bloodline of faithfulness and loyal love. What a gift.