Thursday, June 05, 2008

Bib

Recently I've had the privilege of doing some writing for an upcoming dramatic production at church. That project has been eating some of the writing time that I typically devote to blogging, so I am overdue to post something about my sweet kiddos! There is much to tell. Between them, Meg and Matthew surprise, delight, charm, mystify and exasperate us nearly every day. I sometimes think there's no end to the stories I could write about them! But for now, since I need to get going with the day's chores, I'll just share one little anecdote.

Matthew has decided that he doesn't like bibs.
Bib 1
He likes the eating part, but not the protective gear that comes with it. (Typical boy. "Who wants to stay neat?") He now spends large chunks of his mealtimes trying to get his bib off.

Luckily for him, the bib manufacturers are big fans of Velcro. I can understand why. They thought it would make it easy for parents to get the silly things on and off, right? Well, it also makes it pretty easy for infants to get them off. Although there is still some effort involved. Sometimes one has to try more than one tactic to fully extricate oneself.
Bib 2

Ah, at last! I think there's a gleam of triumph in those eyes, don't you?
Bib 3

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Way too cute. The look of triumph in the last pictures says it all.