Monday, June 11, 2007

18-Month Check-Up (by Meg)

Meggy-Boo

On Friday I went to see my friend Dr. Wells-Green. I sat on Mommy's lap and smiled at the doctor when he first came into the room and sat down across from us. He is a very nice, very gentle man and I like him.

The big news is that I am now officially a biiiiiiig girl. At 33.5" tall and 25 lbs, 6 oz., I am in the 90th percentile for height and the 75th percentile for weight as compared with other little girls my age. I've grown 2.5" and gained 2 lbs., 2 oz. since my 15-month visit, and the doctor is pleased as punch with me. He even teased me when he examined me and called me "his big-bellied friend." It's encouraging to my family to know that slow weight gain and constant reflux in the first year of life don't necessarily mean bad stuff beyond that!

Oh, and Mommy says to tell you that I have fourteen teeth!

That's all the medical info on me for now. I have a couple of tests coming up, which Mommy will report on if they turn up anything unusual. But otherwise, we're once again thanking God for his kindness in granting me very good health!

No comments: