Saturday, September 01, 2012

Trusting Jesus

I was completely unfamiliar with this hymn until I stumbled on the lyrics online sometime last week. It was love at first read. I have since looked it up and listened to a couple of versions. This is one of those hymns that sounds as old-fashioned as it is (I have yet to hear a modern version), but, oh... sweet, simple truth for my needy heart.

Simply trusting every day,
Trusting through a stormy way;
Even when my faith is small,
Trusting Jesus, that is all.
    • Refrain:
      Trusting as the moments fly,
      Trusting as the days go by;
      Trusting Him whate’er befall,
      Trusting Jesus, that is all.
  1. Brightly doth His Spirit shine
    Into this poor heart of mine;
    While He leads I cannot fall;
    Trusting Jesus, that is all.
  2. Singing if my way is clear,
    Praying if the path be drear;
    If in danger for Him call;
    Trusting Jesus, that is all.
  3. Trusting Him while life shall last,
    Trusting Him till earth be past;
    Till within the jasper wall,
    Trusting Jesus, that is all.
  4. (Edgar P. Stites / Ira D. Sankey)

No comments: