Wednesday, January 26, 2011

NOT a Happy Baby

Does anyone know that lilting, little ditty "Goin' Courtin'", from Seven Brides for Seven Brothers? I have a (slightly) modified version of it that I've been singing to my kids for several years. My version only has two words. Every time you would ordinarily sing the words goin' courtin', you substitute the words happy baby. And for all of the words in between the goin' courtin's, (which, if you are like me, you do not know anyway), you just sing doo-dee-doo-dee-doo-dee-doo-dee-doo. Sing along with me now:

Happy baby, happy baby
doo-dee-doo-dee-doo-dee-doo-dee-doo
Happy baby, happy baby
doo-dee-doo-dee-doo-dee-doo-dee-doo
Doo-dee-doo-dee-doo-dee-doo-dee-doo
Doo-dee-doo-dee-doo-dee-doo-dee-doo
Happy baby, happy baby
Happy Baaaa-bee

(If you are confused, I will gladly perform my masterpiece for you on request.)

All this to build up to the fact that I have NOT been singing the Happy Baby song to Esme this week. Um, ear-infection, anyone? Um, grumpiness, anyone? And even more clingy, fussy clinginess than usual? Yup.

After almost a week of Cranky Baby, I needed some visual reminders of who my littlest sweetheart is when she's not afflicted with ear pus. (Sorry.) So today I am posting some pictures of Esme from happier days of yore. (And by "yore," I mean anything before last Friday.)

IMG_8874

IMG_8876

IMG_8877

IMG_8963

Did I mention that these pictures all feature my biggest Sweetheart and True Love as well? He's so good to his Cranky Baby. (Oh, and he's great with Esme too.)

No comments: