Thursday, November 16, 2006

Why I'm Proud of My Daddy: #1

Hi, everyone. This is Meg.

I just wanted to tell you about one of the reasons I am proud of my daddy and glad that I'm his girl. There are a whole lot of reasons, but I'll save most of them for another time.

A few months ago, our church started a new meeting called The Family Room. One Friday night of each month, all the husbands and wives and daddies and mommies in the whole church get together and learn about how to be better husbands and wives and daddies and mommies. Sounds pretty good, right? Well, it is, and the families in our church are being so blessed by it. Just imagine all the little babies like me who will have parents who are better at loving their children because of these meetings!

My daddy works so hard to make The Family Room happen every month! It's a really fun meeting, with lots of videos and skits and funny songs--all things that my dad is responsible for in one way or another. If it's a video, he has to make sure it plays at the right time. If it's a skit, he has to make sure that the lights are right and that all the microphones come on at the perfect time. And most important, he helps make sure that the pastor who is preaching God's Word can be heard! Of course, God is the only one who can really make it all happen, but He sure uses my daddy to do it!

This meeting means extra work for my dad: he has to work two extra nights a month and do lots of extra emails and paperwork for it. Plus he doesn't get to sit down and enjoy The Family Room because he's behind the scenes pushing buttons and helping people. But you know what? Daddy doesn't complain! He loves working for our church because he loves God and he believes that God loves His people through local churches. And that's why I'm proud of my daddy.

No comments: