Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Flutters

One week ago today I felt Little One move for the first time. I've had many moments during this pregnancy when weird internal shiftings and poppings made me think, "Hey, was that...?", but last Tuesday morning, April the 7th, I knew for sure. I was sitting perfectly still on our bed early in the morning, reading my Bible. Suddenly... a wonderfully distinct little flutter deep down in my abdomen. My eyes bounced off the page. I waited. Another flutter. "Hello, baby!" Another flutter. And another. Another. And then one more. Wow, what a good-morning gift!

Now, as I sit here at the computer, the flutters are regular again. It's a poignant reminder that God is at work inside me at this very moment, creating something new, sustaining the life He has breathed out.

For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.
Psalm 139:13-16

No comments: